Maher Zain - Awaken



We were given so many prizesWe changed the desert into oasisWe built buildings of different lengths and sizesAnd we felt so very satisfiedWe bought and boughtWe couldn’t stop buyingWe gave charity to the poor ’causeWe couldn’t stand their cryingWe thought we paid our duesBut in fact
To ourselves we’re just lyingOh
I’m walking with my head lowered in shame from my placeI’m walking with my head lowered from my raceYes it’s easy to blame everything on the westWhen in fact all focus should be on ourselves
We were told what to buy and we’d boughtWe went to London, Paris andWe made show we were seen in the most exlusive shopsYes we felt so very satisfied
We felt our money gave us infinite powerWe forgot to teach our children about history and honor
We didn’t have any time to loseWhen we were.. (were)So busy feeling so satisfied
I’m walking with my head lowered in shame from my placeI’m walking with my head lowered from my raceYes it’s easy to blame everything on the westWhen in fact all focus should be on ourselves
We became the visuals without a souldespite the heatOur homes felt so empty and coldTo fill the emptinessWe bought and boughtMaybe all the fancy carsAnd bling will make us feel satisfied
My dear brother and sisterIt’s time to change insideOpen your eyesDon’t throw away what’s right asideBefore the day comesWhen there’s nowhere to run and hideNow ask yourself ’cause Allah’s watching you
Is He satisfied?Is Allah satisfied?Is Allah satisfied?Is Allah satisfied?
OhI’m walking with my head lowered in shame from my placeI’m walking with my head lowered from my raceYes it’s easy to blame everything on the westWhen in fact all focus should be on ourselves

0 comments:

Assalamualaikum.
Sila Tinggalkan Comment Anda Di Sini.
SATU pun jadi lah ! hehe.

 
Copyright © MaSZiE | All Rights Reserved | Designed by Whitey Mommy Back to Top|Sign in